Group Leader (m/f) Plant Cell Technology
We currently welcome applications for the position of Group Leader to develop and lead a new plant cell technology research group. As group leader, this position will direct a research program that develops and employs technology for manipulation of gene function in plant cells. This position will strengthen the KWS technology and gene portfolios in this area, working in close interaction with the KWS global research and service groups. In addition, this position is expected to develop a network and supervise research collaborations with relevant domestic and international research communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop and direct strategies for manipulation of gene function in isolated plant cells, including protoplasts.
• Develop efficient protocols for single cell isolation and plant regeneration in different crop species.
• Lead and manage a research team.
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and state
• Other duties and projects to support the needs of the business.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrated expertise in plant cell biology
• Experienced in plant single cell research, including plant regeneration
• Experience with systems for biomolecule delivery into plant cells
• Proven leadership and team skills
• University degree (preferably PhD) in biology or related fields
• Ability to think creatively to identify solutions
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and oral
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ yrs academic or industry working experience
• Direct experience with different plant species
• Proficiency in molecular biology or biochemistry
• Able to travel domestic and international (25%)